The primary function of the liver is to control the chemical levels present in the blood. They in turn eliminate the final product called ‘bile’. This bile is used to carry away the waste generated by the liver. The blood that leaves the intestines and stomach gets passed through the liver. The nutrients and drugs present in this blood are easier to be used by the rest of the body when broken down by the liver.
The liver is the most important organ that is the most complex as well as metabolically active. More than 500 vital functions are performed by the liver.
Some major and important vital functions of Liver
- It provides possible immunity to defend from the diseases and infections. Infections can more likely attack the body in case the liver is damaged.
- The liver is acknowledged as a firm in which the most important proteins are produced in the body. Lipoproteins are also manufactured by the liver, which are special fat forms that carried the entire body fats.
- Liver helps to clear the blood of most drugs, alcohols and chemicals.
- Liver eliminates the bile into the intestines created by it. Bile is necessary and relevant for digesting the fats. Bile serves the waste to be thrown out of the body.
- It creates vital proteins that control the clotting of the blood.
Dr. Swapnil Sharma has performed many liver transplantation surgeries considered to be the best liver transplant surgeon in Mumbai. Dr. Sharma is the HPB and Liver Transplant Surgeon, in the Fortis, Mumbai.